Fresh content is what keeps the people going but if you reading this, you may be little lost on what to write on your art blog. Let’s be honest, there’s just not enough resources to state what you should include on such a niche. Well not alot when I went searching for it. If you take a moment to really plan out your content,
This applies if you are a painter, illustrator, or designer. Creating content to draw in people with your words along with your work doesn’t sound like a hard task until you try it. Instead of dwelling on the melodramatics, let’s tackle this dilemma and get straight to the bullet points.
PAGES TO HAVE ON YOUR ART BLOG
- About You page
Who are you and how long have you been creating? Did you go to college/university?
- Contact page
Open up conversation between you and the public
Very important to have these pages on your site & please include that annoying ass “cookie” bar
- Portfolio gallery
Show off your best work
BLOG POST TOPICS/CATEGORIES
- Your events like pop ups & artshows
- Highlight your fav piece/series/collection
- Highlight other creators
- Opinions on art trends, recent news
- Product reviews, theme feedback for web & graphic designers
- Other aspects of your life that influence your creative process
An example would be “How Hiking Can Help Beat Your Artist Block”
- Shop / Bookings
Sell your tangible goods or offers services to the public.
- Downloads like free coloring pages and wallpaper
- A mailing list sign up for